Let’s check this post for a detailed comparison of Magento 1 vs Magento 2.
Magento 1 Vs Magento 2 : Key Differences
Difference In Architecture
- Added new technologies like Apache, Composer, Symfony, Nginx 1.7 or higher.
- Magento 2 supports the latest PHP version which improves the overall speed of the website so it can take more orders per hour and page loads faster than Magento 1.
- Advanced browser caching for static content
- The Magento 2 is better than Magento 1 in terms of performance, Speed, Security and ease of use.
The admin panel of Magento 2 is very user friendly and intuitive. It is easy to find information and easy navigation for all parts of the administrator panel to deal with your store with more productivity.
Magento 2 has a comprehensive dashboard that shows last orders, Average orders, Lifetime sales, Top search terms, income charges and many other functions. It also shows best sellers and customers, Shipping & quantity which helps to keep track of business in the present state while Magento 1 dashboard is with messey design.
Speed & Performance
Magento 2 is with very less loading time and it is quicker than the standard 2 to 3 seconds. Some of the pages like Landing page, Category Page and Product pages load under 1.5 seconds without optimizing front-end caching. If you compare Magento 1 and Magento 2 in terms of performance then Magento 2 is the winner.
- Checkout procedure of Magento 2 is faster and quicker for clients and it is 51% faster end-to-end checkout times
- Checkout is available without registration and Magneto 2 identify registered customer using email address
- Instant server response times for catalog browsing
- Faster add-to-cart server response times
- It is processing 39% more orders per hour
There are many third party extensions available in the Market for Magento 1.
Sometimes two or more extensions with the same functionality then need to resolve issues manually which is time-consuming and expensive.
Magento 2 Plugins allow code to overlap with core code rather than override it so the procedure becomes straightforward like Front-end development. This functionality was adopted because of Less, CSS3, HTML5 and require.js.
Most users are worried about the security of their information and are not going to buy from an Ecommerce store if they don’t trust it.
Official support of a Magento 1 is going to end soon and after that there will be no updates in security patches so there will be an expansion of vulnerable attacks so OpenSource platform with no support makes your site vulnerable. Magento 2 has improved performance with powerful security and stability.
Magento 1 was built in 2009 and it’s support was till June 2020 and stopped updating and releasing security patches, fixes and support after the deadline.
While Magento 2 supports all current online business and recent eCommerce developments using latest technologies & tools like Voice Search, Speed & Performance, Better UI/UX, Artificial Intelligence and Lean application footprint. It also supports Page Builder, Progressive Web App Integration, Advanced Reporting, Extended catch support and code automation.
Magento 2 has introduced schema.org which helps SEO optimization of stores, Easy to introduce rich snippets in catalog pages and boost up positions.
- Magento 2 provides canonical tag to avoid content duplication issue
- Easy to set meta tags for individual pages
- Optimization for mobiles to increase ranking
Magento has an OpenSource version and it is Free to download and use.
There is a difference in the pricing of Magento 1 and Magento 2 Enterprise Edition.
- Magento 1 EE cost : Starts at $ 18,000 Yearly
- Magento 2 EE cost : Starts at $ 22,000 Yearly
Magento 2 has a bunch of features as compared to Magento 1 which are important for eCommerce business.
There are more guides, community and support for Magento 1 as it has been in the market for a long time but Magento 2 also has a similar presence in the market now.
The most important part is Magento community support for regular updates and security patches that Magento 1 will lose.
CandidRoot, Magento Service Provider Company will help you to provide Magento 1 Support if needed and Magento 2 Migration If you want to upgrade your current environment with latest version to make your eCommerce store with more functionality with secure environment which gives you competitive edge.